The ABYC Foundation Educator Training Conference will welcome a new format this year. Starting September 20, it will be offering a new subscription-based monthly webinar series geared toward enhancing education for future and current marine technicians, in place of the former two-day virtual experience.
“We are excited about this new model of a monthly subscription-based series to let educators take their summer off and learn at their own pace,” says ABYC Foundation Executive Director Margaret Podlich. “This is now an ongoing opportunity to bring together the people training our future marine technicians and those who are actively hiring.”
The series will be free for ABYC members at the manufacturing level or higher, and general subscription is $249, which includes nine webinars with live interaction with ABYC staff and speakers, as well as networking opportunities and sponsored prize drawings.
“There’s been a huge response from the industry for sponsorships. We know the teachers in attendance will appreciate the support and will bring back information on these brands to their students,” adds Podlich.
The series is deigned for those already teaching about boats or developing new programs, as well as school administrators and industry professionals looking to connect with trainers. The series includes the following webinars:
- Sept. 20, 2022 – Teaching Technical Topics – Lessons from Construction
- Oct. 12, 2022 – Don’t Reinvent the Wheel: 8 Resources You Should Know
- Nov. 21, 2022 – Electrical Systems Do’s and Don’ts: A Visual Journey
- Dec. 13, 2022 – Boatyard and Marina Safety Considerations
- Jan. 25, 2023 – How People Learn
- Feb. 14, 2023 – Educating Future Fiberglass Composite Boat Builders
- Mar. 14, 2023 – What the Industry Wants
- Apr. 12, 2023 – Fundamental Trailer Repair
- May 11, 2023 – Marine Systems Training Aids
Visit abycinc.org to learn more.